Project Management Foundations
This course provides an introduction to general project management best practices. It introduces the student to a roadmap for good processes, the basic tools, and techniques of professional project management, and guides students through the development of a professional project management plan with the assistance of an experienced coach/mentor. This program helps students gain the basic skills required to take on project management responsibilities in a professional work environment.
This course includes templates and exercises for you to complete that will be reviewed by an experienced project manager with online feedback provided. One on One Coaching sessions can be purchased for an additional fee.
Main Course Objectives
- Introduce the concepts and purpose of formal project management
- Introduce the fundamental and intermediate processes, procedures, tools and techniques associated with professional-level project planning and control
- Develop and or enhance the ability to prepare, organize, and create project plans
- Provide tools and techniques that will assist in effectively managing project resources
- Provide practical tools and techniques that will facilitate the process of estimating project activity cost and duration
- Provide techniques that will assist in developing, optimizing and controlling project schedules
- Emphasize the importance of a formal and managed change management system
- Provide techniques for effectively managing project risks
- Develop expertise in project communication and the tracking and reporting of project progress
- Enhance the project managers leadership, communications, and problem-solving capabilities