The PMP Certificate is the most recognized and respected credential in the field of project management. The purpose of our courses is to prepare eligible, or nearly eligible, students to obtain this certification by helping them with an organized study approach, by providing explanations and presentations of the most challenging topics, providing many practice questions with explanations of the answers, and access to a knowledgeable instructor.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
The course units do not follow the order of the Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), the primary textbook for the course. The PMBOK is ordered by Knowledge Areas. The course follows the order of project management processes. Here are the reasons why:
- Most student report preferring to study the process groups in the order they perform them in a project.
- It is helpful for the student to become very familiar with moving around within the PMBOK. This helps obtain a feeling of familiarity and integration of processes. It also prevents reading automatically (mindlessly) instead of purposefully.
- It encourages the use of a study/topic checklist that later becomes the student’s punch list of topics remaining for further studies prior to sitting for the exam.
The course units are as follows:
- Topic 1: The PMP Credential Introduction
- Topic 2: Overview of the PMBOK, Knowledge Areas Quick Overview
- Topic 3: Project Selection and Initiating Process Group
- Topic 4: The Planning Processes
- Topic 5: The Planning Processes continued
- Topic 6: The Planning Processes continued
- Topic 7: The Planning Processes continued
- Topic 8: Executing Processes
- Topic 9: Monitoring & Controlling
- Topic 10: Closing and Review
- Full 4-hour Mock Exam
This course is conducted via goto meeting sessions over the course of 10 live two hour sessions conducted weekly. We can offer this course onsite at your office, through partnerships with colleges and universities, and to the public with a minimum of four attendees.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for those who are, or are soon to be eligible for the PMP® credential. For more information read the PMP® Credential handbook at PMI.ORG
Some students use this as their introductory course to project management. This course is not ideal for that purpose because it is directed towards experienced project managers and the content may be too challenging to the uninitiated. However, most of the non-project managers who have taken this course have both been successful in learning about the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) and in completing the course. The graded quizzes can be retaken as many times as necessary to master the content and the explanations of the answers is provided immediately. So with discipline and dedication, most students can do well through the quizzing and testing.
Project Management Body of Knowledge 6th Edition (PMBOK)
|PMP Mock Exams Based on 6th Edition PMBOK||Elearning|
|PMP Exam Preparation - In Person||Register interest|
|PMP Exam Preparation - Online||Elearning|
|Introduction to Professional Project Management||Register interest|