Project Management is essential to most businesses large and small. The need for skilled project managers who have the ability to organize and execute a plan through effective project leadership is increasing as the world economy and business environment continues to evolve. Project managers are trained to focus on cost-effective methods for managing and utilizing project resources, integrating project work with organizational priorities, and developing strong and high performing teams.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
In this seminar, you will learn about the value of developing and utilizing the skills, tools, and techniques associated with a professional approach to managing projects. The seminar explains, and emphasizes the importance of the project manager’s role during the project kick-off; the development of detailed project planning; the project’s execution; the change management process, and in maintaining project control – including cost control and contract management. During this seminar, you will learn about and practice the methods used by accomplished and successful project managers to organize project teams, establish objectives, communicate effectively, and deliver the results expected by project stakeholders.
Who Should Attend?
Aspiring project managers, newly assigned project managers, and experienced project managers who would like to enhance their planning, communications, organizing and leadership skills. This program is also highly beneficial for managers of project managers and project team members who desire to improve their ability to think more strategically, improve their ability to manage critical resources effectively, and manage changes that may impact project and organizational performance.
Course/Workshop length 4 Days (28 hours)
Course material is directly related to the Project Management Institute’s Global Standard – The Guide to The Project Management Body of Knowledge 6th Edition (PMBOK®). Class discussions and exercises are focused on how to apply and adapt the tools and techniques described in the PMBOK Guide to actual projects managed by class participants.
Project Management is essential to most businesses large and small. The need for skilled project managers who have the ability to organize and execute a plan through effective project leadership is increasing as the world economy and business environment continues to evolve. Project managers are trained to focus on cost-effective methods for managing and utilizing project resources, integrating project work with organizational priorities, and developing strong and high performing teams. This workshop provides the project manager with a solid foundation of skills that will improve leadership effectiveness, enhance the ability to develop clear objectives and plans, and manage change through defined processes. The seminar includes an introduction to project management theory, hands-on activities to enhance the learning process, and opportunities for networking and sharing of experiences.
Main Course Objectives
- Introduce the concepts and purpose of formal project management
- Introduce the fundamental and intermediate processes, procedures, tools and techniques associated with professional-level project planning and control
- Develop and or enhance the ability to prepare, organize, and create project plans
- Provide tools and techniques that will assist in effectively managing project resources
- Provide practical tools and techniques that will facilitate the process of estimating project activity cost and duration
- Provide techniques that will assist in developing, optimizing and controlling project schedules
- Emphasize the importance of a formal and managed change management system
- Provide techniques for effectively managing project risks
- Develop expertise in project communication and the tracking and reporting of project progress
- Enhance the project managers leadership, communications, and problem-solving capabilities
How You Will Benefit
- Improve your ability to organize a project plan and a project team
- Utilize tools and techniques commonly associated with managing projects
- Become more effective and efficient at managing issues and project risks
PMBOK and PMP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
|Balanced Scorecard for Project Teams||Elearning|
|PMP Exam Preparation - In Person||Register interest|
|Organization Change Management for Project Teams||Elearning|
|PMP Exam Preparation - Virtual||Register interest|