While building this program we were posed with the question, "If you were able to design the Project Management course of your dreams, what would it be like?" Here were our answers:
1. There must be a pool of credentialed instructors who have real-world experience in varied fields. With numerous professional fields implementing project management we have put together a pool of exceptional instructors to ensure our students receive the highest level of education.
2. The program must be flexible. Understanding practicing professionals are busy and time is something we manage every day, we built our program to start when the student is ready and mold to the individual’s schedule.
3. The program must allow students to work virtually, but with personal help and individual attention when needed. In the same respect that our program is flexible, we created it to be mobile. That is why our program is virtually based: to allow students to work on their coursework wherever and whenever they would like. Virtual meetings are a common communication method for today’s project managers. Using this medium helps build the project managers technical meeting comfort.
4. The materials and coursework must be custom to my needs as a student. At the beginning of the registration process students will be asked to list their specific learning objectives. Using these learning objectives as a building point, our instructors will individually craft course materials to help every student achieve their specific learning objectives.
5. This program must be run through an accredited college. Our program is currently offered through the University of Wisconsin system at six colleges, and growing.
Based on these responses, we have created the vision for the Frank P. Saladis Certificate in Project Management program and we are proud to say these values still holds true.