Successful Project’s History
(This lists certain memorable highlights but does not include all Successful Projects programs and new contracts.)
- Renee Adair became the new owner of Successful Projects on June 1, 2017. Renee brings over 25 years of business leadership and project management experience. Under her ownership, Successful Projects will continue to offer the same quality products and services that are offered now with an eye toward future growth and innovation.
- We rebranded the Certificate in Project Management program the “Frank P. Saladis Certificate in Project Management program” to honor the outstanding contributions of our mentor, differentiate the Successful Projects program, and highlight the guiding principles of this program from others programs available in the educational marketplace.
- We developed and taught many workshop and online project management training programs.
- We expanded our Certificate in Project Management program to the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
- We implemented our online learning management courseware and focused on online course content development, rolling a full online PMP® exam prep course and PMP mock exams.
- We shut down the Successful Projects distributorship program and licensee program in order to focus on our course development work in the United States.
- Dec. Equation Group becomes Successful Projects distributor in the Republic of Panama.
- Nov. The MBA Women International organization adds the Executive Presence program to their Leadership Academy programming.
- Oct. Agile Expert, Joseph Flahiff, is added as an Instructor.
- Sept. eCameron becomes Successful Projects distributor in Seattle, WA, USA.
- Sept. The new Executive Presence Program is a collaboration of Successful Projects with the Art Petty Group. It rolls out with 5 Wisconsin and Minnesota-based colleges with three initial instructors: Art Petty, Joe Konradt, and Jennifer Crittenden.
- Aug. Successful Projects opens the first IPM Day product store to help support the global International Project Management Day.
- June. New online courses, included one on Agile Project Management, are added to the offerings.
- March. UK-based Changescape Limited Becomes the Newest Successful Projects Distributor
- March. Ángel Águeda Barrero, Senior Trainer and Project Manager, of Evergreen Project Management (a Spain-based Successful Project’s licensee) hosts and videotapes Project Risk Game Events in Madrid and Barcelona
- February. Singapore Licensee, Knowledge Method, hosts “Imperatives in Project Management” with Brian Munroe, Frank Saladis, and Kay Wais.
- July: The Brian Munroe, “Rescue My Project” workshop is added to the training offerings.
- May: CMCS becomes the Successful Projects licensee for the middle east, having exclusive rights to the United Arab Emirates, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, and Yemen.
- March: The Successful Projects Certificate in Project Management program is added to the program at the the Rochester Community Technical College.
- February: The Project Risk game is made available in Spanish.
- February: Successful Projects celebrates its 10-year anniversary.
- February: The “Innovation & Creativity for Project Managers” workshop is added to the training offerings.
- January: The Successful Projects Certificate in Project Management program is added to the program at the University of Wisconsin-Stout.
- January: Stephen Dowling becomes the Melbourne, Australia Successful Projects distributor.
- October 2010: The Managing Difficult Stakeholders workshop was developed and run for the first time. The PMO version of the Project Risk Game was developed by Loyola University.
- October 2010: Successful Projects designs and deploys the International Project Management Day web site as a service to global project management.
- September 2010: Rolled out the International Project Management Day DVD, the Project Manager Blues, and the Leadership with a View PhotoShow products.
- July 2010: TML One of Qatar, owned by John Blacklaws and doing business throughout the middle east, becomes a Successful Projects distributor.
- July 2010: Successful Projects Northland, owned by Brian Hinton and operating in Rochester, MN becomes a licensee and instructor.
- June 2010: Successful Projects hosts the first Workshop for Project Management Instructors and the first Successful Projects PMP exam prep workshop.
- May 2010: Loyola University Maryland becomes the first college to work with Successful Projects to customize the Project Risk board game with branding images from their campus, and with the logo and mascot.
- April 2010: Rock Solid Dominion owned by Harry Roch and operating in Toms River, New Jersey becomes a licensee and begins dba Successful Projects East Coast.
- Feb. 2010: Ángel Águeda Barrero from Madrid, Spain becomes a licensee and begins the project of translating the Project Risk game board to Spanish.
- Jan. 2010: Success Cards were created for project management instructors classroom use.
- Dec. 2009. GEM Services of Ottawa, Canada becomes a Successful projects distributor.
- Oct. 2009. PKC Consulting becomes a Successful Projects distributor.
- July 2009. Successful Projects expanded into the Asia-Pacific region with the first licensee agreement in Australia. This also added the diversity of an instructor that was Prince2 certified.
- June 2009. Additional instructors were added to help cover the Certificate in Project Management Program.
- March 2009. The Project Risk board game packaging and mass production efforts began. With 1000 of the boards printed in June and the 500 boxes printed in late July.
- The Certificate in Project Management program which started between Successful Projects and UW-La Crosse expanded to UW-Superior, UW-Green Bay, UW-Parkside, and UW-Stevens Point. Additional instructors were added to support this program.
- The free weekly PMP Study group became virtual
- The Certificate in Project Management program was founded as a joint effort between Successful Projects and UW-La Crosse’s Small Business Development Center.
- The Project Risk game was formally developed into a printed game board. Initially orders were printed on demand. It went on sale on the Internet but it was not marketed and the packaging was not yet formalized.
- The free weekly PMP Study group was initiated
- The Hit the Mark game was created.
- The Earned Value game was created.
- The Estimating Challenge game was created.
- The Fundamentals of Project Management workshop was revised and the 2-day workshop was held for many corporations.
- Content was developed for, and 12 Trane Project Management instructors were trained by Successful Projects to distribute training throughout the engineering organization of the company.
- Many Successful Projects workshops were held this year at Trane and for other corporate and public customers.
- Through teaching project management classes for corporate and college (at Viterbo University and Western Technical College) classes, Successful Projects started developing a series of project management training hands-on learning activities meant to involve the participants beyond discussions, book learning and lectures. A passion for project management discovery learning was sparked.
- Successful Project’s owner, Kay Wais, completed her Masters degree in Project Management.
The Start in 2001
- Articles of organization for Successful Projects,LLC were filed on Feb. 28, 2001.
- The initial focus was project management contracting, starting with a project that was a joint effort between AVS Group, Successful Projects, and Trane to create the Tracer Summit Users Network.
- The second focus was developing project management training programs. The continued development and use of project management course content led to the invention of a number of project management learning activities and games.
- The first project management workshops were held at regional businesses.
- Successful Projects sponsored and founded the La Crosse Project Management Institute chapter.