PMP® Exam Preparation Tips
- Print out and read The PMP Credential Handbook and Exam Content Outline
- Join PMI national and your local PMI chapter at www.pmi.org
- If you are ready to apply for certification
- Draft your information
- Verify your information
- Notify your contacts
- Save your documentation
- Submit your online application
- After receiving notice that your application has been approved, submit exam payment
- Join a PMP® study group
- Create a PMP® study plan (including reading the PMBOK® at least once, selections from additional reading lists including at least one PMP® Prep workbook, practice exams, and possibly prep courses)
- Schedule your exam, take it, and pass it!
- Visit each of the links on this site under the heading “PM Topics”. We have highlighted information we find most helpful while preparing for the PMP® exam.
- Get good night of sleep while your studying. This may seem obvious, but this will help your brain absorb and retain pertinent information.
- Practice using the Windows-based calculator. You will not be able to use your own while taking the exam.
- Do not feel rushed. You have four hours to take the exam. Pace yourself and be confident in your answers.
- Do not change your normal habits immediately before to the exam. For example, this would not be a good time to start a diet, quit smoking, or to make a major life change. Keep your stress level reasonable and allow yourself to focus on the exam
PMP® Mock Exams
A very important aspect of PMP® exam preparation is to get into the habit of taking sample exams. This helps you test your knowledge, practice the your pace, and reduce your testing anxiety.
That is why we have prepared a comprehensive practice exam for our students. This practice exam is delivered through an effective learning management system and it allows our students to track their results while taking various formats of the exam. To find more information about our 6-month subscription and pricing please click here.